Friday, October 29, 2010

Books

I think it is so neat how a book can open conversations!! I have seen on Facebook a few of my friends talking about The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. While at Costco I saw the first two books in the series. I had to ask a lady next to me which came first. She spoke about the whole series for a few moments. Then yesterday at the library I saw the last one come in and I asked if I could have it. I am now 17th on the waiting list. But several people around me talked about the series! Then today I bought the second book at Costco and the person who checks your receipt talked about the series. Now off to get started on the second book, The Girl Who Played With Fire. I hope the other 16 people on the list are fast readers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw bits of the movie, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, and hated it -- the rape, the sodomy -- ugh. David loved it when he rented it from Netflix and even saw the sequel at the theater.

Not my cup of tea.

Melissa said...

Yes I skimmed over that part in the book. Aspen wanted to read the series when I finish but I will NOT be passing it on to her! I didn't realize it was a movie till I saw a trailer for the last book!