Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Not Prepared

In South Carolina My pea coat is perfect for winter weather. I hardly  have to wear it. I wear it maybe 10 times each winter. In NY it is not even warm enough for fall! I was so cold last night! I was so cold my knees were literally shaking! Even inside it is chilly. Up here people use gas to heat their homes so they have to be conservative. The inside temps are probably about 65! We keep our house 69 in the winter and 72 in the summer. We used to keep it 70 year round but when the price of electric went up we made little changes. I think it's funny how our bodies become acclimated to different climates. I did take comfort in seeing people from here wearing warm jackets. So I wasn't that off with my coldness:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In November, the temperature in Honolulu drops to the high 60s to low 70s at night.

During the day, it is in the low 80s.

Very pleasant.

Kay said...

I must say, Melissa, you did make me glad we live in Hawaii now. We used to freeze in Illnois, too. We kept our thermostat down low as well. Still... there is so much beauty in winter that I miss now.