Monday, January 24, 2011

Puppy Chow

This post is for Gigi:) Here is a recipe for Puppy Chow. I have never made it myself even though my whole family loves it. It seems to be at many gatherings and on cookie platters given to us as gifts. I also bought at Costco a bag of Muddy Buddies. It is almost the same thing. Homemade is better.

CHEX MIX PUPPY CHOW

9 cup Chex

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.
Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.


This recipe is directly copied from Cooks.com. I use that site often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK!!! Now I get it. haha. You had me worried for a while. Since I am trying to lose a ton of weight, I won't try this recipe, but I can see why it is such a popular form of finger food! Looks delicious!

Kay said...

Hmmm... this sounds really great, but like Gigi said, it must pack a few empty calories. :-)